Wednesday 3 August 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

I don't quite know how to describe what has come over me.
An urge to make a change. To be a change. To be THE change.

Today started like any other. 8am Meeting. 2 x Black coffees and barrage of emails to work through.
Then something different happened. I decided it was time to blog. To share my thoughts after I have been enriched and inspired by reading other peoples for so long. It's time to stop admiring from afar and take the plunge.

A few years ago I did build my own small army of some of the most amazing like minded young women, and I was totally consumed with Pro-Ana culture. Now a few years older, and after taking a few steps back I am here again. And I have stories to share.

As a 20 something young professional women, I strive to be noticed appreciated in a male dominated industry.

The guys I work with know that I am not going to join them in the cafeteria for a plate of greasy fries smothered in gravy, or snack on chocolate bars in the afternoon. And that is the way I like it.

They also might think that I am a little on the cold side. But I would much prefer that, then have their wives and girlfriends think I am 'too friendly' with them. I have worked with women like this before, and I know that is not how I would like to be perceived.

Some things that I like: Maybe If you like them too, you should check in with me once in a while as this blog begins to grow.
Haylen X

My beloved D.C

Abbey Lee Kershaw




Freja Beha Erichsen


TVD

Wine


AND FASHION:

No comments:

Post a Comment